At Daeraad Pre-Primary in Primrose, Gauteng we are excited about the promise of each new day. Daeraad means “the beginning of a new day”, and at Daeraad Pre-Primary, the beginning of your child’s education.
The dawning of each new day holds new promises. New potential and the opportunity to sharpen your child for life’s little challenges that may lie ahead.
To prepare each child to take his/her rightful place/position in life.
To lay a sound foundation with the support of loving educators.
To lead each child to become a responsible and self-reliant adult.
To guide each child with the help of God to form values and principals.
* We follow the NCF( National Curriculum Framework for children birth to four years) all our baby class teachers are Babygym qualified. Grade R follow the CAPS curriculum.
* We have ±230 children. Divided in the following age groups;
- 3-9 months
- 10-15 months
- 16-20 months-21-21 months
- 2-3 years
- 3-4 years
- 4-5 years
- 5-6 years
* Age appropriate Daily Programs are followed during the day.
* We have a different theme every week.
* We have 11 beautiful and well-equipped classrooms.
* We have professional, qualified and experienced educators and other staff members on our team with first aid and fire training.
* Nutritious meals are provided. (included in school fees)
* Our School has its own School Hall for concerts and functions.
* 24 Hour security –guard on premises.
* We have a small animal farm with chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, birds, guinea pigs, tortoises, goats and all very child friendly.
* The playground is huge, divided into 4 sections and very well equipped. The babies and toddlers have their own enclosed safe play area. We also have a “little town” with a station, roadhouse, garage, fire station, church and hospital. The children can ride on wheel toys between the shops, play at the water, sandpits and jungle gyms daily.
* School hours: 06:45 – 12:45 (Half day)
06:45 – 17:45 (Full day)
* The school is open during holidays but we are closed for the December holidays.
* Holiday School is included in your school fees.
* Educational visits (twice a term as per theme), Spikey day-Entrepreneurs development (every Wednesday) and stationary are all included in school and registration fees.
* We communicate with our parents on a daily basis, using the D6 Communicator program/app.
* We have on site: Occupational and Speech Therapists
* Yearly: Sister doing complete physical check-ups
- Ear tests
- Eye tests
- Children’s Concert
- Graduation for Gr. R’s
- Carols by Candlelight
- Parent Evening (twice a year)
- Individual photos
- CANSA Shavathon
- Mandela day Charity
- Our emergency and evacuation plan are in place and are regularly practiced.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO
- Establishment year: