Fangs and Feathers based in Noordhoek specialises in the best birding and custom wildlife tours in the western parts of Southern Africa.
Discover, see and photograph South Africa and Namibia's special birds and mammals.
Our tours are for the birder, wildlife photographer and general nature lover, catering to individuals and small groups numbering one to four people. We run a variety of Cape Town birding tours and wildlife adventure safaris, visiting Southern Africa's renowned wild places.
WILDLIFE ADVENTURE TOURS
* Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park - South Africa/BotswanaExperience spectacular sightings of desert dwelling lions, cheetah and the secretive leopard in their red sandy home the Kalahari Desert. Be fascinated by the diversity of birds of prey, unique in their diversity and numbers. The sightings you will experience are unlike anything else in Africa.
* Etosha National Park - NamibiaThe vast Etosha Pan and its surrounding arid woodlands and plains provide some of the best game veiwing anywhere in the world. Large concentrations of wildlife around waterholes in the dry season make Etosha a splendid safari destination.
* Birds of paradise - Papua New GuineaThe most beautiful birds in the world are found in Papua New Guinea. Be with us on this exclusive birding adventure to the jungles where these birds of paradise are found. This tour will be run jointly with Birding Ecotours and offers you a once in a lifetime chance to bird this mega destination with experienced guides.
* Kruger National Park - South AfricaExperience the Big Five.The abundance and diversity of the wildlife will amaze you. Every day spent in this iconic conservation area hold new surprises and you can never tell what you might see next. There is no other place like it on Earth.
* Cape Town, Garden Route and Addo Elephant Park - South AfricaExplore this spectacular coastline with its rugged mountains and diverse coastal plain teaming with endemic wildlife and flora. You will spend time in the fynbos biome known for its diversity, coastal forests on the Garden Route and subtropical thickets of the east coast where you will experience the Big Five at Addo Elephant National Park.
CAPE TOWN BIRDING TOURS
Fangs and Feathers runs birding tours in Cape Town, the Overberg, Karoo and Garden Route of South Africa for birders of any level of experience. Book a private birding tour with us and we'll show you the Western Cape's fynbos endemics.
We are Cape Town based and run birding tours to all of the key birding locations which include the Cape of Good Hope (Cape Point), West Coast National Park, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, Rondevlei, Harold Porter Botanical Gardens, Rooiels, Betty's Bay and Strandfontein Birding Area.
Our individual and small group private birding tours usually involve visiting a number of different sights depending on weather and the time of year.
Our two day and longer birding tours to the beautiful Overberg and desolate Tankwa Karoo basin give you a chance to see many highly localised and endemic species found in these regions. These biridng tours are an excellent choice if you have already birded around Cape Town and are looking to experience the Western Cape's rural areas.
We also offer birding tours to the diverse and beautiful Garden Route.We utilise our VW minibus and find this vehicle an excellent for any birding and wildlife viewing excursion, due to its large windows and excellent visibility out of it. We travel with all the necessary assesories which you might need on a day or short tour, such as spotting scope, bean bags for dead rests for cameras, battery chargers and field guides.
We also provide bottled water on all of our tours and travel with an refrigerator for food and drinks. We place pride in our organisation and local knowledge and believe this seperates us from the other larger companies out there. Your guides, Matt and Charlie have grown-up birding in the Western Cape and have an intimate knowldge of Southern Africa's birds and its wildlife and over 25 years of birding experience in the Western Cape.
Fangs and Feathers can organise custom tours to suit individual or group requirements. Costs for these adventures are not fixed and are determined by the itinerary which we develop with you. When developing a tour we like to speak with you in person and gain an understanding of what your goals are to help you achieve your objectives. We are often approached by people to help them see and photograph rare animals and natural phenomina in wild parts of the world. Whether it be photographing Africa's big cats, seeing rare birds and mammals or observing nesting turtles we will make your wildlife dreams come true.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO