GEM Mental Health Therapy and Coaching was founded in order to provide high-quality, professional counselling to anyone in need.
Individual, Couple and Family Counselling, Mental Health Professional Intervention, In-home Services, Trauma Therapy, Art Therapy, Behavioral Therapy, CBT / NLP / REBT Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Mindfulness-Based, Psychotherapy, Relationship Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Supportive Psychotherapy
Half day, 1 and 2 day workshops on HIV/Aids, Mindfulness, Relaxation and Stress Management To Corporations on Employer/Management and Employee level.
These workshops are presented in an energized manner and are filled with activities and take-home information.
The workshops are flexible to suite the outcomes and objectives set by management as well as the work environment.
All counselling records are kept strictly confidential. Information is shared only with a person’s written consent. Exceptions to confidentiality are rare and include when a person poses a threat to his/her own safety or the safety of someone else or when it is ordered by a court.
OVERVIEW OF SERVICES
* Chronic Sadness, Depression and Anxiety: panic attacks, chronic fatigue, emotional problems, shame, suicidal tendencies, self-injury, high-risk behaviors , obsessive-compulsive disorder, PTSD, post-partum depression, disturbed sleep issues, irritability, seasonal affective disorder.
* Stress and Anxiety Reduction: relaxation, learn strategies to decrease anxiety and overwhelming feelings, need for perfectionism.
* Crisis and Critical Incidents: stress management to help alleviate the psychological, physical, behavioral and emotional effects.
* Adult and Child Abuse: physical, emotional, verbal, sexual abuse, past or present molestation.
* Divorce, Blended and Step-Family Problems: anger, depression, resentment, conflict of authority, co-parenting skills, starting over.
* Dysfunctional Family Relationships: negative interactions with family members such as little to no communication, distancing, disrespect towards one another, anger, violence.
* Relationship Counselling: attachment issues, communication problems, infidelity, mistrust, mutual activities, poor interpersonal relationships
* Pre-Marital and Marital Counselling: communication, compatibility, sexuality, conflict resolution, developing mutual goals.
* Anger Management: domestic violence, batterer’s intervention.
* Life Stage Transitions: newly married, new parents, empty nest syndrome, retirement, divorce, widowhood.
* Managing Children’s Behavioral Problems: inappropriate behavior, step-family problems, learning disabilities, attention deficit disorders, hyperactivity, lack of self-control/self-regulation.
* Grief Management and Recovery: traumatic loss, depression, denial, guilt, anger, coping with death and other losses.
* Identity and Body Image Issues: preoccupation with body or weight, loss of self-identity, dysfunctional habits, mid-life crisis, compulsive disorders.
* Self-Esteem Building: break undesirable habits and disruptive behavior, lack of self-control/self-regulation, control phobias and build self-confidence and morale.
* Sexual Identity: cross-gender issues, “coming-out”, guilt, anxiety, depression, confusion, life-style issues.
* Victims of Crime: depression, fear, anger, feelings of guilt, loss of self-esteem, disturbed sleep issues
* HIV/Aids Counselling
TYPES OF THERAPIES
* Trauma Therapy
* Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
* NLP Therapy
* Art/Play Therapy
* Interpersonal Psychotherapy
* Relationship Therapy
* Emotional Freedom Techniques and Thought Field Therapy
* Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
* Solution-Focused Therapy
* Supportive Psychotherapy
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO